Tuesday, February 23, 2010

High Definition TV Democracy





Just what I need, to many choices, Plasma, High def, Projection, TV's, Flat screens... Size, I guess matters too...

Well once again, I did it, got the cart before the horse, bought the new DVD, Blu-Ray player and have only, according to my significant other, out dated TV's to use it with.

A complete social mis-step, in most circles. Amy Vanderbilt never covered this in her book on etiquette, what is a guy to do...

Well there is plenty of help from the family, my son says we need a 60 inch plasma, great for football games and of course X-box360, what else would a 13 year old want?




My wife on the other hand is thinking High Definition, 42" is more to her liking and she wants it mounted on the wall. Now this comes from the lady that wants to re-arrange the furniture every month or so. So hey, this will work, I can move it from wall to wall, as the furniture shifts. Not....




Then there is my 11 year old daughter, she really isn't as interested in what kind of new TV we get for the living room, as she is laying claim on the old TV, just your run of the mill 36" TV for her bedroom. I really like this girl, works all the angles, she tells me she wants whatever I want. Playing daddy to improve her position on getting the old TV.

Mom has now interjected, that our son will not be moving his X-box360 any where near the living room and that there will not be a 60" in the living room and forget about football, 24/7. She wants the upgrade to watch her soaps, which is only fair because she gave birth to my children.

It's funny, the times they become my children...

Well democracy in action, isn't cutting it, a command decision has to be made. So being the ordained King of the Castle, I make a royal decree and decide to go with a 42" that my wife wants, but not a wall mount, but one that sits on a stand. After making this grand proclamation, I look at my son and say I am sorry. Your mother has to have her way or it will be Hell to pay. I have no other choice, he gets to move out at 18, I have to deal with and live with her the rest of my life.




Daughter realizing the choice has been made, starts yelling she gets the old TV, she called it first... I kinda wanted it for my office/den, my sanctuary.. Then the true pants in the family states, your father needs a TV in his work room and dear God I win. Over joy ed yet skeptical, wary of more to this than see the eye, gleefully state YES, like I had just won the lottery.




Then reality sets in, when at the store, my wife accompanying me, kids were dropped off at grandma's. The hammer comes down, $1,100.00 for the TV and it is beautiful, the clarity of the picture is truly amazing, I can't wait to get it home. Then I hear, Well Honey, we will need a new stand, $250.00 and of course it would be silly not to have surround sound with a TV this sweet, $490.00, then the maintenance agreements $198.00. I go to cash out, $2,038.00 plus tax.




All this, because I bought a Blu-Ray player... I am really starting to get the economic hard times facing fathers today in the real world... Please say a prayer for me...

Quatro


No comments:

Post a Comment

For our monthly flyer and monthly drawing please leave your info:

Name:
Email Address:

Make Money while you Tweet...

SponsoredTweets referral badge

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

About Me

My photo
Napoleon, Michigan, United States
Quatro"s blogs meld Retail Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, and Medical Informational avenues, for it visitors. I am relatively new at this and I am learning and expanding. Bookmark me so you can stop by again real soon and see whats new...